SOLVED

How can I hide / Unhide fields based on a selection of a Chioce field in SharePoint online List?

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

Is it possible to do that ? How can I do that please?

FYI -I do not have powerapps

Osmand

11 Replies
You cannot do this without PowerApps. Why do you not have powerapps? It's built into SharePoint Online?

@Chris WebbThank you so much for your reply. Yes I can see the customize option in powerapps in the list view, but we do not have licence for powerapps, Can I customize and users use the costomized form  without having licence ?

I am grateful for your reply

Osmand 

best response confirmed by osmandfernando (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Pretty sure you can without a license, but I'm not 100%. Give it a shot by creating something simple, and having someone go try to open the form. It's just a few clicks to get going. If it works for them, then you should be good to go. I think a license is required only if you use the mobile app and or the powerapps dashboard site etc. But the SharePoint integration I do not believe requires one.

@Chris Webb 

I tried and getting this error, not sure why, any idea?

Annotation 2019-12-13 113238.jpg

Strange...what Office 365 license do you have in place? PowerApps come at the first tier as a free service and it should be there

@Juan Carlos González Martín @Chris Webb 

Thank you both. Actually After clearing the browsing history it worked. Then I tested with a user and it is asking the power apps license to open the form from SharePoint. I was able to do it because I have the trial version. It would be really nice if we are able to use the SharePoint List with powerapps customization. 

Osmand. 

@Chris Webb  is there any other way that I can do those within SharePoint?

@osmandfernando  sorry but there's no way to do that with out-of-the-box SharePoint lists and forms. It really does need Power Apps. You can embed a customised form (made using Power Apps) in a SharePoint page with the Microsoft PowerApps web part. It's strange what's happening as if the users are all within your organisation it should open with no problem.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliottThank you so much for your reply.

This is what my users are getting when they try it,

Powerapps2.PNG 

@osmandfernando oh right, I've not seen that before so it must be a limitation on your licence. What a pain for you!

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by osmandfernando (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Pretty sure you can without a license, but I'm not 100%. Give it a shot by creating something simple, and having someone go try to open the form. It's just a few clicks to get going. If it works for them, then you should be good to go. I think a license is required only if you use the mobile app and or the powerapps dashboard site etc. But the SharePoint integration I do not believe requires one.

View solution in original post