Host a public page on Sharepoint

Copper Contributor

I have a Power Automate Flow that creates/updates an aspx page from the columns of a Sharepoint library. I need the aspx page to be public, and apparently public pages is no longer supported in Sharepoint (but maybe there is a way to force an aspx page to be public by PowerShell?). Is there some way to have a public html page that will actually display (is hosted) rather than forcing the user to download? The reason is because I want to update an external site (Weebly) with the page. I will have the page display in an iframe on my website. I am open to other solutions as well.

3 Replies

@SarahPoulin 

The only way to make a page open to a number of non signed in users is to use an anonymous link, but users visiting that page only have access to that page so anything that you add to that page from other sources cannot be seen.

Secondly they can only access that page through the link, there is no way to send them to the page by using the page URL. 

So you are correct, it is not supported for what we would call public access and there isn't any way around it within SharePoint. 

However you could definitely put a solution together using Flow and Azure.  Something like running a flow every time the data is updated and pushing that data to a database hosted in azure, then having a page hosted in a web app reading that data. Not a simple undertaking I am afraid. 

Can you point me in the right direction on how to undertake the method you describe with Azure. Difficult is fine. It just needs to be free for me (included in the non-profit portal stuff and free packages). So I don't mind doing complicated work arounds to get this working.

A couple of questions first. What kind of database in Azure? SQL? Also, would it be that my SharePoint List or library would somehow get pushed to Azure?

And what do you mean by "a page hosted in a web app reading that data"? What page hosted in what web app?

@SarahPoulin 

Azure is not free unless you get some sort of deal. I would just get one of my developers to architect a solution, I wouldn't do that myself I am afraid.