Highlighted content web part not showing videos

Brass Contributor

Where do video files need to be stored (what type of library or list) and of what file type or content type do they need to be to be picked up by the highlighted content web part when it is set to show only content of type Video in the site collection?

I have used an assets library and mp4 files. They files play fine in the app itself, but the highlighted content web part is not showing them when I configure it to show Video files. (I do see that the files are being indexed as I can get them showing if I ask the web part to for example show content added today, so my question is more related to the query applied by the web part not really working for me.)

highlContentVideo.png

8 Replies

Found a work around. Don't filter by type=Videos. Use no filter here, just set type=All. Then under the Filter and sort section choose Managed property and find the SPContentType property. Set this to = Video.

BTW - if you use the managed property 'ContentType' it does not work, so you have to use 'SPContentType'. Not totally obvious, but hey, that's why some of us still have SharePoint as our profession. ;) Knowing the ins and outs takes a bit of banging head against wall.

Hi, I have achieved this by selecting FileType as mp4, but somehow all the video file type is opened as SharePoint item not as video. The highlighted webpart doesn't provide any option to open this video in browser or any media player. I have also noticed that FileType = xltx is also behaving the same manner. I have looked at most of the option but nothing helpful found. :)

Please refer to attached file for video settings.

Hi @Henning Strand

Do you see the headframes of the video in the webpart? We are only seeing blank cards for videos.

Dhiran

We're not seeing any videos either - although we have our videos in Stream and then a Stream channel web part on the site with the videos. 

Hi @Donia Strand,

It would be great if someone from Microsoft would respond?

Dhiran

@Donia Strand wrote:

We're not seeing any videos either - although we have our videos in Stream and then a Stream channel web part on the site with the videos. 

Hi @Henning Strand please follow below steps -

1. Select Highlighted content web part

2. Go edit icon and popup look like this-

Capture.PNG

3. Just follow Filter's steps for your videos file as you can see in picture.

4. I'm giving another picture for your reference. I hope your query will resolve.Capture1.PNG

This doesn't appear to work anymore.
Weirdly enough, if you use the MS Stream webpart, it will show/play videos from your SharePoint library.