Highlighted content web part item limit issue

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I've come across an issue using the highlighted content web part.  We currently have a single landing site for our customers with all the general standard links and images, we also have a single highlighted content web part to display the customer specific site.  The idea being that they can only see their site on the carousel due to permissions and none of the other sites in the highlighted content webpart. 

This appears to be working as expected, however the issue that I've run into now is that once we exceed 17 selected sites I'm receiving "There are too many sites selected or too many filters added. Select fewer sites or remove some filters to continue." 

I thought the item limit for highlighted content was 200? Am I incorrect in thinking this? Does anyone know a workaround to list more selected sites in the carousel or an alternative way of display the link to a page dependent on group permissions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Lee

3 Replies

@leegrantmillar the limit for items returned for the highlighted content web part is 200, but the limit on the number of sites you can select from is different. I've not hit that limit on our intranet and can't see any obvious documentation about it, but it looks like you have reached it.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Thanks Rob, I was hoping that wasn't the case and I was missing something obvious. Looks like I'm going to have to wrack my brain for another solution to redirect the customers to their various sites from the landing page.

Cheers,

Lee
Just noticed something odd, if I select all sites in hub its bringing in all the sites (including pages etc) currently bringing and displaying 37 sites/pages in including some test sites on the carousel.... but as soon as I try to limit it it doesn't seem to work