Aug 26 2019 01:24 PM
Aug 26 2019 01:24 PM
I've run into a weird issue with the highlighted content web part in a communication site. Since last week the web part has stopped showing content when i select "this site" as a source. It doesn't matter what I try, nothing will show up.
Then, if I switch to "A document library on this site", it will start showing the documents within that library. It's quite annoying as want i want to use is the 'trending' and 'recently added' for all of the sites different libraries on the site, but that just won't show anything...
This was working very well early last week (or perhaps the week prior). Has anyone else experienced this issue?
(This is what it looks like when I put two high lighted content web parts next to each other, the left one is ootb with no filters or any other setting, and the right one when i pick 'library on this site')
Aug 27 2019 05:28 AM
I checked in my tenant and there is no issue - the web part displays content from "This site".
Are you using any of the "Content" and "Filter and sort" options that might be limiting your files?
If it is like you describe, I would consider contacting support.
I hope this helps.
Sep 01 2019 11:56 PM
Thanks for your reply @Norman Young.
No filters or anything activated, just straight ootb web part insertion while editing the page.
I've opened up a ticket through our partner and currently waiting on a reply.
I suspect that I've manage to fiddle with the site settings somehow, since it is working on other sites in the tenant. So I just want to knwo what i've done, how I did it and how i undo it ;)
Curious though is that I can use the web part to show documents stored in other sites, on this site through the hcwp, but not from this site. So... something is up with the librarires on the site...
Sep 04 2019 04:18 AMSolution
Solved. It appeared that all of the documents libraries in the site collection had had the setting if content should be available in search turned off... No clue as to how that happened really, it needed o be manually changed in 6 different libraries so it was unlikely to be made by mistake...
Either way, turning it on and re-indexing the site solved my problem :)