SOLVED

Highlight rows with overlapping dates

Copper Contributor

I have a SharePoint Modern list where I want to highlight any rows where the rows' Start Date and End Date overlap in time.  For example, Row 1 has a Start Date of 8/22/23 and an End Date of 8/25/23.  Row 2 has a Start Date of 8/23/23 and an End Date of 8/26/23.  Row 5 has a Start Date of 8/24/23 and an End Date of 8/27/23.  I want the rows that overlap to be highlighted in the same color indicating that these two events are going to overlap in time.

3 Replies

@JenniferPigeon Unfortunately, there is no SharePoint online modern experience out of the box options available for your requirements to highlight the rows with overlapping dates.

Both SharePoint calculated columns and JSON formatting cannot read the column values from another rows/items in the list.

You will have to use the custom solution for your requirements, probably SPFx field customizer to just highlight the date column cell or SPFx web part to develop complete new solution for list view (table structure) and color formatting OR use Power Apps to create canvas application and use it instead of default SharePoint list views.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi @JenniferPigeon ,

as @ganeshsanap said, there is no out of the box solution to do this in a list view.

But you could try to create a calendar view. You kind of get that effect there

SvenSieverding_0-1692784335659.png

Best Regards,
Sven

best response confirmed by JenniferPigeon (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@JenniferPigeon 

You can follow this article to create a modern calendar view: Create a modern Calendar view in SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JenniferPigeon (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@JenniferPigeon 

You can follow this article to create a modern calendar view: Create a modern Calendar view in SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists 

View solution in original post