Hiding Lookup Column Values

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I'm using a lookup column that displays dates in MM/dd/yyyy format from another SPO list. In my SPO form this lookup works well as a drop down for date selection. How can I hide values/dates in this lookup column/dropdown that have passed without deleting them? Is there a formula I can use to achieve this?

2 Replies

@MN037 Editing in Power Apps or Power auotmate an option for you? I don't see any option available out of the box for what you are trying to do.

For filtering lookups you can follow the approach detailed in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aIu-xOwqiM   by April Dunnam. But in your case it is date and calculated column should be executed every day to get accurate data. Calculated columns only execute when edited. Unless you can use a Power automate and schedule it to run every day to update valid look up dates comparing with [Today] or now(). Then you can use approach stated in video and use Power Automate to keep the valid lookups updated instead of calculated column as stated in video.  

Thank you, I'll check this out and see if I can create a solution from your suggestion and April's video.