SOLVED

Hide document library

Brass Contributor
Hi All,

I my SharePoint list, I have a document library. While i can see the SharePoint list, on the top row of icons, I can see in the document library. I store few final drawings in this library.

Is there a way I can hide the document library from the top row. I still need to access the library, I don’t want it to show on the side panel either. If I want to access, I can go to site contents and access the library.

I need to know if there is a way to remove from list page.

Possible?
Please help.

Thanks
C1
6 Replies

Hi @cad-one,

I'm guessing you mean site navigation, where a document library is automatically added when the site is created. 

Could you post a screenshot to clarify this? 

Hi

See attached. The Green circled is a list . The red circle is a library. Not sure how to ask, let me try.

Right now since it’s there, if people click can see contents.
1. I want the library to be not listed there. So people can see only just red circled list. Or better yet hide the entire bar home, documents, pages etc to be not available for people to click.

2. Only certain people to be able to see the Green circled library.

Possible?

Thanks C1

@cad-one why don't you just click the Edit button to the right of the menu and remove the library from the menu?

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

This is silly. I thought so I edit and click remove. But I am worried that if that goes away permanently. Like I said I want this to be available for some people to add data to library.

If I remove it how to add it back? There is lots of data in that library.

I know I am asking basic questions. But I don’t want to lose data.
best response confirmed by cad-one (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@cad-one you're not going to lose any data, it's just a menu item, you're not deleting the library! One way you could deal with this is with Audience Targeting and there's an article on this at https://www.spguides.com/sharepoint-audience-targeting/

Rob
Los Gallardos

@RobElliott 

Thank you for the link. Very informative. This answered my questions & gave give a good clarity on the subject.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by cad-one (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@cad-one you're not going to lose any data, it's just a menu item, you're not deleting the library! One way you could deal with this is with Audience Targeting and there's an article on this at https://www.spguides.com/sharepoint-audience-targeting/

Rob
Los Gallardos

View solution in original post