Have SharePoint list item/title link open in new window

Brass Contributor

Hi Community,

I want to be able to select the link of an item using Title column in a SharePoint list open in a new window altogether. This would help me see the data clearly as our list has a lot of columns and currently by default the list item opens in the same window on right side.

Additionally, when we try to add a new item again- i would want a new window open up for recording values for a new item/row.

Please help- thanks, Gaurav

4 Replies

@GulianiG Please follow the steps below to change the list to the classic view to open the new, edit, and view in a new page instead of opening it as a panel.

1. Navigate to the List Settings

2. Go to advanced settings and move to the end of the settings.

3. Change the List Experience value to Classic experience as shown below.

image.png

Have you tried the new Lists experiences? The Lists forms just open as a full page

Hi @Juan Carlos González Martín 

This is amazing, i didn't know about this.

However, this is restrictive because i have to use Lists from web part on the site page which only allows for 70% of the width of the section on page. 

If i go to See All view for this list to get full width view open-up- then both the item link and the new item link will still open in the same page and is pretty much the same interface if i were to open a list from Site Content.

Please help!

@Sudharsan K Would prefer to use the new experience for the modern feel of our site and consistency cross lists & libraries in terms of interface. Thanks for suggesting- wasn't aware of this.

Would you know a way to achieve this in modern site?