Group calendar on modern pages (communication site)

Brass Contributor

Hi,

is there a  way to add an events calendar to the home page instead of the office 365 group calendar 

"https://xxx.sharepoint.com/sites/xxx/Lists/Calendar/calendar.aspx

Thanks 

7 Replies
What about using the regular calendar WebPart that is based on an event lists? Alternatively, the List Web Part is adding support to the calendar view you can add now to any SharePoint list
Hi,
How to add a regular calendar WebPart ?
Thanks

@supportsib 

Currently you cannot add modern calendar views directly to SharePoint modern pages using List web part. To achieve this follow workaround given in below article:

Add Modern Calendar to a SharePoint Online page 

Also, Microsoft is adding calendar view support to List web part very soon (Roadmap link given in above article). Until then you can use the suggested workaround.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi,
Thanks, @ganeshsanap,
Is there a way to remove the navigation menu (horizontal menu) on the calendar
Thanks

@supportsib 

Unfortunately, It is not possible with the suggested workaround. To hide the toolbar in Calendar, you have to wait until Microsoft releases calendar support for default List web part.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi ,
I tried the calendar
https://ganeshsanapblogs.wordpress.com/2021/01/15/add-modern-calendar-to-a-sharepoint-online-page/
if there is more than one or two items ,calendar does not show the "Title " instead it shows "2 more " or "1 more "
Any solution
Thanks

@supportsib 

That is a default behavior of SharePoint calendar views, if there are multiple items/events on same date, it show "more" link. If you click on it, calendar view shows all entries for the day in "events pane" at the right hand side like below image:

Calendar events pane.PNG

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.