Nov 25 2021 05:04 AM
Nov 25 2021 05:04 AM
I am having the certain problem.
I have a sharepoint list shared to users with edit permissions. In this same sharepoint list I have succesfully shared the list to an external user with view only (READ permissions).
On one of the columns in the sharepoint list I need this person with read permission to be able to edit and comment on the rows , just in this column.
I don't see a way I can do this even with disabling inherritance permisions on this library. Can you please advise.
Nov 25 2021 06:39 AM
Nov 25 2021 07:14 AM
@SYLV1 thanks for your answer
Isn't there an easier way to do this can you direct me to a step by step guide to resolve this problem?
Nov 25 2021 07:36 AM
@george_71239 no, I don't think there's any other way to achieve this.
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)
Nov 25 2021 07:48 AM
Nov 25 2021 08:13 AM
Nov 26 2021 01:00 AM
Nov 26 2021 01:06 AM
@SYLV1 thanks Sylv, it sounds very complicated, I have found a 3rd party solution for this.
I don't want guests to be opening apps to write comments , thanks again
Feb 08 2022 02:57 PM
Feb 08 2022 09:00 PM - edited Feb 08 2022 09:07 PM
You can achieve this by customizing the form in Power Apps. I don't know how familiar you are with Power Apps but in simple steps:
If(varUser = "Email address removed", Edit, Parent.DisplayMode)
Hope this helps to solve your problem.
Feb 09 2022 01:49 PM
@sedattum thank you for your help
unfortunately it did not work
May be the following may help to identify what I am not doing to make it work:
1. I had to unlock the datacard - otherwise it would not let me make the change to the DisplayMode
Should I unlock the data card to make the changes?
if so after I unlock should I leave the datacard unlocked?
2. Should I make the change at the top level for that datavalue items or at the datavalue field - see screen shot below ( i tried both) see pictures attached
3. also in the if(varUser = "Email address removed", Edit, DisplayMode) - i used the actual email of the person that would be able to edit this column. is this correct?
4. should i be logged in as the owner of this list to make these changes?
Feb 09 2022 07:03 PM - edited Feb 09 2022 07:05 PM
Hi. No problem.
1. Yes. You need to unlock the data card to make changes for the property if it is locked.
2. No. Please make the change at DataCardValue12 because that's the control you want to change the display mode.
3. Yes. That is correct. The if statement is checking the user's email address if it is matching with the one typed in the statement and if so it is setting the display mode to Edit, and if not it is inheriting the parent's display mode which can be View or Edit depend on user's permission. If it is a group people there is a different method to use.
4. To make the changes on the form, all you need Power Apps access and edit rights on the list which I see from the pictures that you have it.
When you are done you need to save the form and publish it. Otherwise your changes won't be updated on the form.
Jun 17 2022 04:46 AM
Hello, sweet discusiion. I have the same issue but with a group. Is it possible to proceed in the same way, but give access ti a whole sharepoint group? Thanks in advance.
Aug 11 2022 08:46 AM
same here, I think, kinda sorta.