SOLVED

Generate Audit Report of Site Collections for Size and Date Last Accessed

Copper Contributor

In the admin center, I can see that we have a ton of sites that are empty and/or have not been accessed for eons. I would like to generate an Excel or CSV of the following (using SPO Powershell is fine, too):

- Site name

- Site or site collection

- Modern or Classic

- Created by

- Created date

- Date last accessed

- Accessed by

I have no idea where to start, though. I found a couple of Office 365 admin scripts that run reports, but none of them offered a report like the one I'm asking for. I'm sure if I could even just find a generic audit of sites and size and last accessed, it would help. Also, if I'm going about this the wrong way, please let me know . . . is there another way that admins seek out reports for useless / unused sites?

Thanks, everyone!

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Charisma Riley (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Charisma Riley 

You can view this information in the modern SharePoint Admin Centre, there is the option to customize columns for more information - this has majority of the information you listed. There is also an export button to CSV which you can then process in Excel.

Paul

Toally agree with this recommendation here and of course, you can always build your own PS script to get the information you need

@Paul Bullock  and @Juan Carlos González Martín : Thanks, you guys! I'll go try it out; I guess I missed the CSV export bit. Appreciate it! :D

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Charisma Riley (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Charisma Riley 

You can view this information in the modern SharePoint Admin Centre, there is the option to customize columns for more information - this has majority of the information you listed. There is also an export button to CSV which you can then process in Excel.

Paul

View solution in original post