Frequently getting You do not have access response.

Copper Contributor

We use the Government version of SharePoint online. We have an intranet site where we have documents attached like user guides, HR policies, and sometimes even videos. The things that I have seen where people request access after they are denied is typically the video (mp4) or documents (word, excel, possibly pdf but I don't know for sure).

I am a site owner. I have frequently had this happen to me when I accessed documents. Everyone that is part of our organization has read access to everything on this site.

I keep getting requests for access. I am sure it is annoying to them, but it is also annoying to me. Especially when it tells me I don't have access and I am the site owner.

Typically I will just tell people to clear their cache and try again, forcing them to log back into their microsoft account, but this is disruptive to have to do that.

We all use windows 10 systems and either use the latest version of Chrome or the latest Edge version.

We do not allow the office to use OneDrive. I suppose this could be the source of the problem because it is doing the 'you don't have access' in most cases when it is O365 documents (word, excel, powerpoint).

Any assistance or insight would be greatly appreciated.

0 Replies