SOLVED

Freeze first column in SharePoint List

Copper Contributor

I am using custom views and filters but for certain custom views I still find it necessary to have a number of fields that extend beyond the page width.  It would be really helpful to keep the first column - for example vendor name.  I appreciate the header in SharePoint lists that are now static but is there a way to freeze a column on the left of the list view?  I have read other articles here and done some research and haven't come up with anything yet.  Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by lindamitch (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Not sure if this can be done and I believe this has been asked to be done through List View Formatting, but not sure if this is available yet

@Juan Carlos González Martín Is there a plan to enable freezing of the first column in a SP list?  I would like to use the feature.

@bretcham in grid view the first column is frozen.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@bretcham @lindamitch 

Unfortunately, Freeze/Sticky columns are not released yet for normal view in lists.

It was targeted earlier for release in December 2021 but now the release timeline will be updated by Microsoft for this feature. Check more information at: Microsoft Lists: sticky first column - built on SharePoint 

However, Sticky columns are available in Quick Edit (Grid view) view of Microsoft lists: As users scroll horizontally across a list in Quick Edit mode, the far-left column remains in place - improving context while viewing and editing.

ganeshsanap_0-1657457545079.pngSimilar threadCan you freeze a column in SharePoint list 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by lindamitch (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Not sure if this can be done and I believe this has been asked to be done through List View Formatting, but not sure if this is available yet

View solution in original post