SOLVED

Formatting the date

Copper Contributor

Hi

I have a column called "Last Reviewed / Updated" which is a date field - i would like to highlight just the field red and have the text white and bold to indicate that 7 days has passed since the last review.

If the review was within 7 days the column should remain unformatted.

Could anyone assist with the JSON to do this please?

3 Replies

Hi @robrkhw;

this should work

{
    "$schema": "https://developer.microsoft.com/json-schemas/sp/v2/column-formatting.schema.json",
    "elmType": "div",
	"attributes": {
    "class": "=if(floor((Number(@currentField)-Number(Date((getMonth(@now)+1)+'.'+getDate(@now)+'.'+getYear(@now))))/(60*60*24*1000))<-7,'ms-fontColor-red','')"
  },	
    "txtContent": "=@currentField"    
}

If the difference in Days between the current field and now is less that "-7" then add the class "ms-fontColor-red"

Best Regards,
Sven

best response confirmed by robrkhw (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@robrkhw Use this JSON column formatting for your date column: 

{
  "$schema": "https://developer.microsoft.com/json-schemas/sp/v2/column-formatting.schema.json",
  "style": {
    "color": "=if(Number(@currentField) != 0 && addDays(@currentField,7) < @now, 'white', '')",
    "background-color": "=if(Number(@currentField) != 0 && addDays(@currentField,7) < @now, 'red', '')",
    "font-weight": "=if(Number(@currentField) != 0 && addDays(@currentField,7) < @now, 'bold', '')",
    "padding-left": "10px"
  },
}

Output

ganeshsanap_0-1678194287692.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

@ganeshsanap @SvenSieverding Thanks to both of you - both methods work, i just prefer the way @ganeshsanap code highlights the whole background.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by robrkhw (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@robrkhw Use this JSON column formatting for your date column: 

{
  "style": {
    "color": "=if(Number(@currentField) != 0 && addDays(@currentField,7) < @now, 'white', '')",
    "background-color": "=if(Number(@currentField) != 0 && addDays(@currentField,7) < @now, 'red', '')",
    "font-weight": "=if(Number(@currentField) != 0 && addDays(@currentField,7) < @now, 'bold', '')",
    "padding-left": "10px"
  },
}

Output

ganeshsanap_0-1678194287692.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

View solution in original post