SOLVED

Formatting of calculated column not showing in Form View

Copper Contributor

Hi,

So I have a calculated date column and in the standard list view Ive applied formatting to it so historical dates are coloured one colour, and future dates another. The formatting shows up just fine. However if I double click on the entry to open it in form view, the formatting on the date doesn't appear. Is this normal behaviour? If so is there a work around or am I misunderstanding something?

List View

Barking_Mad_0-1682586354398.png

Form View

Barking_Mad_1-1682586386068.png

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Barking_Mad (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Barking_Mad I have also noticed this issue on our SharePoint site.

JSON formatted calculated column does not show the formatted field on list forms but it is showing correctly in list view.

I will suggest you to raise a support ticket with Microsoft directly & report this behavior: Get M365 support - online support 

Also, create a new issue at: SharePoint documentation issues 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

Thanks. Good old Microsoft.
Hi @Barking_Mad, have you found a solution? I'm facing the exact same problem here, and can't make it works...
Thanks!

@CatDeMont Hi, I ended up keeping a calculated field to show the date that the 'contact' was required by, but then having a separate date field whereby they could just enter that date manually. It's not ideal but it was the only way I could find. 

Thanks! I guess I'll do the same thing. Good old Microsoft, indeed.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Barking_Mad (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Barking_Mad I have also noticed this issue on our SharePoint site.

JSON formatted calculated column does not show the formatted field on list forms but it is showing correctly in list view.

I will suggest you to raise a support ticket with Microsoft directly & report this behavior: Get M365 support - online support 

Also, create a new issue at: SharePoint documentation issues 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

View solution in original post