Format a column in lists to MM.SS,00

Brass Contributor

Hi

I want to use SharePoint to log sports activities for my swimcoaches.

They need a column where they can store values from test sessions, and the format should be:

Minutes, Sesonds, Hundredths, just like you can in Excel with MM.SS,00.

Can this be achieved? I don't know which clumn format to chose, and I'm guessing I need to format via JSON?

6 Replies
Yes this can work and you will need to use JSON script to format the list/page

@jensjakobsen1966 there's no time-only column type in SharePoint so to keep things simple just do this with a single line of text column. Then you can have a Power Apps customised form to add in the numbers and combine them into the final time as shown on the attached video.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Thanks @RobElliott. How did you split the single line text input, into 3 input fields?
Yes, but which JSON solution, please?

@jensjakobsen1966 I didn't split anything, they are just 3 text input fields and there are the 2 columns from the SharePoint list. I combined the values I typed into the field underneath and then used this value as the default for the TimeCompleted field which is what was saved to the list.

inputField.png

lblTime.png

dataTimeCompleted.png

onSelectSave.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

OK, thanks @RobElliott, as far as I can see you did a very nice trick with some PowerApp Form Customization - how did you do that? I went to:
Integrate > Power Apps > Customize Forms - but from then on I need a little help. Iknow how to build Power Apps, but a SharePoint lists customization is a first time for me