SOLVED

Footer option missing in Modern Communication Site

Copper Contributor

I have 2 tenants, one is for dev environment and another is the prod environment.

In my first tenant (dev), I was able to add Footer to my pages via Change the Look -> Footer option.

However, when I transferred to second tenant (prod), the Footer option is missing from Change the Look and I only see 3 options (Theme, Header, Navigation)

Is there a way to activate this feature manually?

7 Replies
best response confirmed by Lance Alcabasa (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I think what's happening here is that the foother option is not 100 % rolled out and that's why you are not seeing...I'm experiencing the same. On Targeted Release tenants I have the footer, but on regular ones I don't have it

we are also facing the same issues ,If any suggestion please let us know.thank you.

@Lance Alcabasa 

@Juan Carlos González MartínAre there any indication somewhere we can determine if the feature is fully released before we reach out to Microsoft Support?  We notice that the footer is not available on our production tenant but on our test tenant.

I did some checking to see if the footer was enabled but per article by Microsoft, it should be enabled by default -- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/features/site-footer 

Hi@Juan Carlos González Martín 

we are also facing the same issues. We have checked with our pro tenant the target first release customer also can't able to see the footer option. Kindly let me know do we need to enable in tenant level settings? 

@Bhupendra SinghThank you for the updates.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Lance Alcabasa (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I think what's happening here is that the foother option is not 100 % rolled out and that's why you are not seeing...I'm experiencing the same. On Targeted Release tenants I have the footer, but on regular ones I don't have it

View solution in original post