SOLVED

Filtering news pages and showing them in list/library in SharePoint

Copper Contributor

I'm making a news site for our non profit organisation. When you post a news Sharepoint  creates an aditional page. I want to make a library so people can browse and shearch just news pages on the same site where the most resent news are showing in webpart. Is this possible?

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Untuvakana (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Untuvakana you can't add news pages into a separate library, SharePoint will always add them to the Site Pages library. But when you add the news web part and publish news there is a See all link at the top right of the webpart which opens a page with just the news pages and has a Search News box at the top.

1-SeeAllLink.png

2-SeeAllandSearch.png

The other thing you can do is to display the Promoted State column in your Site Pages library, filter the pages on that column and select 2 (news items are always published with a Promoted State of 2.

filterPromotedState.png

The copy the url in the address bar and add the link onto your homepage. Your url will look something like this:
urlPromotedState.jpg

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott What if you don't have that See all link? Is there a way to add it? 

@BMcKelvey8 sorry, I don't understand; with the news web part you will always have the see all link.

@RobElliott mine doesn't show it. It's bizarre.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Untuvakana (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Untuvakana you can't add news pages into a separate library, SharePoint will always add them to the Site Pages library. But when you add the news web part and publish news there is a See all link at the top right of the webpart which opens a page with just the news pages and has a Search News box at the top.

1-SeeAllLink.png

2-SeeAllandSearch.png

The other thing you can do is to display the Promoted State column in your Site Pages library, filter the pages on that column and select 2 (news items are always published with a Promoted State of 2.

filterPromotedState.png

The copy the url in the address bar and add the link onto your homepage. Your url will look something like this:
urlPromotedState.jpg

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

View solution in original post