Filter the page for Each customer

Brass Contributor

In our SharePoint online we have one customer support site. In this site we have Documents and Task list.

We have uploaded all Customer documents and Tasks. Our requirement is all customer view and access only their own documents and Task, they should not view other customer documents and tasks.

Please let me know how we can do this?

5 Replies

Hi @Jeyganesh,

Securing individual documents to each customer is possible but hard to maintain. List entries can only be secured to the "Created by" user.

Another approach would include creating dedicated Document Libraries, Lists and Security Groups for each customer. Each customer Document Library and List will have custom permissions (i.e. broken inheritance) where the customer and the support team have access. Your team will see everything and the customer will only see their content.

I hope this helps.

Norm

@Norman Young 

Dedicated Document Libraries, Lists is not suitable for us, because we have more then hundred users.

So, we planned to make the folder for the document library and set the user permissions.

But how can we make the Task List?

Is there any way to provide the View permission for each customers?

Hi @Jeyganesh,

Row level permissions in SharePoint Lists are limited to all users or "Created by". I don't think you can achieve what you are looking for with "out of the box" SharePoint Lists.

Norm

@Norman Young 

Is there any other way to achieve our requirement for the customer permissions?

for example, any SharePoint Apps or PowerApps development?

Hi @Jeyganesh,

Using PowerApps will only hide the other customer data. If a user opens the list (i.e. from site contents) they will see all data.

We had a similar requirement to yours and ended up using dedicated lists with unique permissions.

If this still doesn't work for you then perhaps SharePoint isn't the correct platform?

I hope this helps.

Norm