SOLVED

Filter SharePoint list items by logged user

Copper Contributor

Hi, everyone!

I created a task manager list (which also became a PowerApp) where I assign tasks to people with the @company.com email address and guests. In my case, the guests don’t have access to PowerApps, where I would know how to make this filter, so Is it possible to filter the list view then a user can see only the tasks assigned to oneself?

Thank you in advance!

5 Replies
best response confirmed by WilliamAzevedo (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@WilliamAzevedo If you are trying to filter SharePoint list view based on currently logged in user, you can use [Me] filter on person or group columns.

For Example: 

filter list view [me].pngDocumentationUse filtering to modify a SharePoint view 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi, @ganeshsanap. Should I apply these settings in every logged account?

@WilliamAzevedo No, you have to apply these settings only once and any user visiting that list view will see the same results (filtered list items based on their account).

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

does this work with groups and also people outside of your org?

@dcampa 

Unfortunately, No. Filtering does not work with the groups. I have not tested if it works for external users or not. You can try it from your end.

Please consider giving a Like if my post helped you in any way.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by WilliamAzevedo (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@WilliamAzevedo If you are trying to filter SharePoint list view based on currently logged in user, you can use [Me] filter on person or group columns.

For Example: 

filter list view [me].pngDocumentationUse filtering to modify a SharePoint view 

View solution in original post