SOLVED

Filter out News Posts from other sites

Brass Contributor

Does anyone know if it's possible to Filter out news from an SP Site?  Using the News Web Part our source is the 'Recommend for current user'.  I need to filter out news from a certain site that everyone will be following.  I thought I could use the managed property option under Filter and use the SPSiteURL doesn't contain or not equal to the site URL.  This isn't working and not sure if anyone has a better option.  Please let me know if you need any additional info. 

2 Replies

@eenochs-turner 

In theory the managed property filter option could work, but if you are finding this is not the case then you may find that you are better off changing to the Select Sites option instead.  

Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 20.21.07.png

I think this method will probably work better for you.

best response confirmed by eenochs-turner (Brass Contributor)
Solution

I need to use the Recommend for current user so each user has a different news source.  

I figured it out though using the managed property filter.  I found a property called SPSiteURL and if I use the doesn't contain option and enter the site URL it has been working.  I now don't get news from that site.  

@PeterRising 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by eenochs-turner (Brass Contributor)
Solution

I need to use the Recommend for current user so each user has a different news source.  

I figured it out though using the managed property filter.  I found a property called SPSiteURL and if I use the doesn't contain option and enter the site URL it has been working.  I now don't get news from that site.  

@PeterRising 

View solution in original post