SOLVED

Filter on managed metadata column in document library web part

Copper Contributor

There seems to be a bug with the document library view webpart in SharePoint modern experience. When selecting a filter on a managed metadata column, it just doesn't work. Other columns are unaffected.

Can anyone confirm if this is new or is it a known bug?

I tried to find some information relating to this, but haven't found anything yet.

DocLibWP.gif

9 Replies
I have just tested this on a site where I was using enterprise keywords (that are also in the manage metadata service application) and I was able to filter as I expected

That's strange, I verified on two different first/targeted release tenants, and I get the same behavior. I asked colleagues to verify and they also report the same thing.

I can also report that it works in the list itself through its dedicated page, just not with the webpart in a modern clientside page.

Tested with Chrome, FF and Edge.

The filtering seems to work when you are accessing the library directly but not when you add the document library webpart in a page (ie: homepage).

I can confirm the problem. The optiin to filter is availlable for managed metadata columns. But no filtering is applied. Works on user columns.

I am seeing the same issue. Managed Metadata columns in the Modern SharePoint Document Library WebPart are not filtering. You can select to filter, but it does not actually do anything and all the items still display. Any ETA on when this will be resolved?

Have you checked this?

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/filtering-doesn-t-work-for-managed-metadata-column-in-share...

Maybe it's a matter of server rendering the webpart?

Have not tried myself.

Are these options even available for Modern Experience? I've never seen server rendering options on modern webparts.

best response confirmed by Martin Cyr (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I've just retested my previous use-case and can happily report it's now fixed!

The filter is now behaving as expected.

Same issue, still not working in my tenant.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Martin Cyr (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I've just retested my previous use-case and can happily report it's now fixed!

The filter is now behaving as expected.

View solution in original post