File menu options different when document library is embedded in a page

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I created a document library to store our team's sprint documents. Once uploaded, clicking on the 3 dots icon beside the file name reveals a menu with a bunch of options, including "Details". 

When I create a new SharePoint page and then embed the document library, clicking on the 3 dots icon of the same file reveal a different set of options. Also the "Details" link is missing.

Is there a way to make the options in the page with embedded document library the same as when I access the document library directly? My team has a few document types and each type is uploaded to a different document library. 

Sincerely,

Jason

1 Reply

@JasonYeung This is the default behavior of library web part on SharePoint pages. There is no way to change the behavior/options on OOTB library web part.

However, you can see the details of file/folder using below link in library web part:

ganeshsanap_0-1642425183929.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.