farm wide system messages

Iron Contributor

I've got a SharePoint 2013 on prem farm and I'm helping my team research a simply way to send out simple messages to all the sites in our SharePoint farm.

I would like to use the system status notification's noted on this website. The general idea would be to have the banners appear above the suite bar and have some text and a link to more information.

The closest thing I found online was this solution for a 2010 site but wanted to see if anyone has done something similar for a 2013 farm.

Open to ideas or suggestions.

2 Replies

@Chris Gullicksen  I think solution mentioned in website will work fine. Another way I could think is that store information in a list and load it on page via master page based on status but then I do not know if you have multiple web apps or you use more than one Master pages etc

Hello,
I was unable to find a way at this time. That is ok for now as we used our normal internal communications to get the word out instead.

If anyone figures out how to do this in the newer version of SharePoint this would be a good place to post it. ;)