Failed in validating the OData Metadata Xml. Unable to generate IEdmModel from the input Metadata xm

Deleted
Not applicable

Hello 

I am trying to import BDCM file in bcs and some how i am getting this error. I tried to set a metadata store permission but still it does not work i am getting this error. Is anyone have any idea. 

Application definition import failed. The following error occurred: Metadata cannot be fetched from intranet address. Error was encountered at or just before Line: '59' and Position: '20'.

Correlation ID:829f7c9e-00b8-6000-f3d4-f09639b86ca2 

Thank you 

7 Replies
Can you share details about the system you are trying to connecto to using BCS in SPO? It would also help if you share how did you create the BDCM model

Hi @Juan Carlos González Martín

I have created the BDCM file in Visual Studio. Then i am trying to import the file from SPO Admin site. Then it is just throwing that error. I have attched the link which used to create a BDCM file and WCF Service. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/general-development/how-to-create-an-odata-data-serv...

So you have a OData Service published somewhere and you want to consume in SPO using a BDCM Data Model...out of curiosity: Is it your service accesible from the Internet?

Basically I have a table in SQL Database and i want that information in SPO. So i have created a web service and now i am having issue to import BDCM file in that data into BCS. 

Have you tried to create the ECT in SPD 2013?

Yes, I tried with SPD but somehow SPD is not working for me. it is not connecting

Hi, Did you manage to resolve the issue? I am facing the same issue, trying to connect to NorthWind sample OData service