Extract email from people picker in another column

Copper Contributor
Hello, I have two columns in a SPO list. One has a people picker for the data type and the other is a text column. I am trying to autoupdate the text column with the email address of the person selected from the people picker column. Is this possible without the use of Power Apps form customization?
1 Reply

@RADical6142 If you just want "display" value in list view, you can use JSON formatting on column like: 

{
   "$schema": "https://developer.microsoft.com/json-schemas/sp/v2/column-formatting.schema.json",
   "elmType": "div",
   "txtContent": "[$PersonGroupCol.email]"
}

Outputemail from people field.png

If you want to store the value in column & use it somewhere else, you can create a power automate flow to update the Email address field based on the Person or Group field.

Check my answer given in this thread where I have explained same scenario in detail: Get Email from user and enter into SharePoint list field 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.