SOLVED

External users accessing Sharepoint

Copper Contributor

I have a folder within Sharepoint which I would like to share with a number of Users who do not have company email addresses or company ms accounts. Is this possible or will I have to purchase MS accounts for these Users? 

4 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Eugene20 

Yes. It's possible to Share Content from SharePoint with Microsoft Live Account or without Account as well.

Please refer to official documentation to do as below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/share-sharepoint-files-or-folders-1fe37332-0f9a-4719-970e... 

If you want to share folder without any account and with password then make sure that you enable external sharing with below settings in SharePoint Admin Center

kalpeshvaghela_0-1660647960505.png

Hope it will be helpful to you, if so then please like this answer and mark this as best response to help community.

Hi @kalpeshvaghela ,

I got the same issue as OP. However I've enabled sharing in the sharepoint admin center for the whole organisation and for the specific team I want to enable sharing for everyone in. However the "anyone with this link"-button is still disabled. Both, in sharepoint and in any employees OneDrive. 

Is there some bug right now, preventing this option to propagate?

MS

Edit: I'll add some screenshots here.

Edit2: I've tried this with teams pages and with a non teams page.

@MS_Friends 

With below settings at organization level from SharePoint Admin Center worked for me.

kalpeshvaghela_0-1660653928958.png

And when you have updated this settings? sometime it takes some time (24 hours) to apply it at organization level?

Thanks for the info about the time. I updated it about 9 hours ago. I'll check again tomorrow.

Edit: It's now about 24h later and the settings now applied. I can now share the links that are generated.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Eugene20 

Yes. It's possible to Share Content from SharePoint with Microsoft Live Account or without Account as well.

Please refer to official documentation to do as below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/share-sharepoint-files-or-folders-1fe37332-0f9a-4719-970e... 

If you want to share folder without any account and with password then make sure that you enable external sharing with below settings in SharePoint Admin Center

kalpeshvaghela_0-1660647960505.png

Hope it will be helpful to you, if so then please like this answer and mark this as best response to help community.

View solution in original post