SOLVED

external list

Copper Contributor

Feeling a bit incompetent. I'm trying to figure out where to go to create an external list. When I make a new list I get the options of blank list, excel, existing list.  I want to make a list and connect it to an azure sql database.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by mlefler75 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@mlefler75 Follow below Microsoft official documentation: Make an External List from a SQL Azure table with Business Connectivity Services and Secure Store 

Similar threadCreate External List on SharePoint online 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

any idea why I'm getting. "business data connectivity metadata store is currently unavailable"? I'm using sharepoint 365, not on prem.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by mlefler75 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@mlefler75 Follow below Microsoft official documentation: Make an External List from a SQL Azure table with Business Connectivity Services and Secure Store 

Similar threadCreate External List on SharePoint online 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post