SOLVED

Extended header problem

Brass Contributor

Good morning everyone,

I have a problem on my SharePoint home and hub site, when applying the new extended header to the hub site the change is working fine at first but on the next refresh it goes back to the previous state: standard.

This home site is registered as a hub and three sites are associated with it. Those associated site have level 1 and level 2 links in the to the top link bar and the hub have a custom theme just for the color, nothing special.

I don't know also if the registered site will also automatically get the extended header or if a need to turn it on for each site, anyhow even on the hub site I can't save the change.

Any idea why I can't apply the extended header?

9 Replies

@ThierryB Hello,

Is it possible to see some images of what is happening? :) 

Yours sincerely,
Aref Halmstrand

Hi @ThierryB 

I am also facing this issue in my tenant, not only for hub site but for all the sites.

Might be we are facing this issue because Microsoft is still rolling out this feature. I have raised support ticket with Microsoft and waiting for their reply.

As per my knowledge, the header layout from hub site will not be automatically applied to its associated sites. You have to change it for each site individually.

If you want to get more information related to new header options in SharePoint Online, check this blog: New Site Header Options are coming to SharePoint Online 

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ArefHalmstrand Sorry but the issue occurs in our intranet site that contains sensitive info.

Basically I got to any site of the hub, reach settings -> Change the look -> Header and pick the extended header with center logo alignement.

Then I save, and the header is extended with logo centered, I navigate to the other sites and the change seems to be applied everywhere but after a few additional clicks to navigate of after a refresh the header goes back to the standard settings.

Strangely when I go back to the same settings page the center setting seems to be kept when I try to engage the extended hearder again.

@ganeshsanap would you mind keeping me updated about the Microsoft response on this ?

Many thanks

best response confirmed by ThierryB (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@ThierryB 

I just had a call with Microsoft support team and they told me that in order to use the newly released features, your SharePoint tenant should have the latest updates/upgrades (Those are managed by Microsoft only).

Also, the feature has not rolled out completely to all the tenants. So, they told me to wait till December end so that this will be rolled out to all the tenants and till then my SharePoint tenant will also get latest updates.

Hope this helps!

If you want to contact Microsoft support team, you can check this: Ways to contact support for business products - Admin Help 

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap Many thanks, I will wait for now 

@ThierryB 

This issue has been fixed for me now, try checking this on your SharePoint site.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ThierryB 

Yes we had this issue. I logged a Microsoft Premier support call. It took several weeks but they called me saying they applied a Hotfix to our tenant. It fixed the issue. The Extended Header remains after a Refresh of the web page.

When header layout is changed to Extended, the site logo disappears.

Ans- This issue can be solved by uploading a rectangle shaped image in site logo section under Display category of Header in Change the look.

Thanks,

rashminik

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThierryB (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@ThierryB 

I just had a call with Microsoft support team and they told me that in order to use the newly released features, your SharePoint tenant should have the latest updates/upgrades (Those are managed by Microsoft only).

Also, the feature has not rolled out completely to all the tenants. So, they told me to wait till December end so that this will be rolled out to all the tenants and till then my SharePoint tenant will also get latest updates.

Hope this helps!

If you want to contact Microsoft support team, you can check this: Ways to contact support for business products - Admin Help 

View solution in original post