Exporting unique permission library

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have been looking around internet but not finding good script to export list of unique permission access list of document library.

Do anyone have a script I can use?

1 Reply

@Roiit There are lots of permission-file-listing-Apps, but I think the main issue you have with this is: If your users share links or have inconsistent permission levels this is the first level to permission chaos. Pls. tell me more about this library: If your files have different permissions on different people within this library, i suggest to set it back to no permissions at all. Then you have in default 3 level groups in your library:

1) the "Full Access" level of  asite owner (you  I guess) gives permissions on persons within your Tenant to be a

a) "Contribute" Level of a Member: This Group of Users can not change the settings of the library like you do as owner. Members create files or change the properties of the file and they additionally can change or even delete other's files.

b) in a library you can (site owner) set up user-defined lower level of Member with "Contribute" only for own files, not manipulate files of other members.

c) If you don't trust your site Members at all, you can give them a Read-Only Status in a folder and this group can be allowed to read only the files within, not contribute.

So please (!) dont give access to certain people on certain files. Although there are scripts, codes and Apps, they try to get your money because you miss the knowledge of permissions in groups not in several users. 

Greets, Eva.