Expiring a news item automatically

Iron Contributor

@Mark Kashman - is there plans to have an easy way for a non-tech user to be able to add an expire date to a news article/page?  Some sites may not publish often enough to automatically push older news out of visibility within the web part.  This lack of functionality has become a big concern for my enterprise customer migration from on-prem to SPO modern sites.  Adding custom workflows all over the place seem like a band-aid fix for a larger design issue.  Is something for this issue on the roadmap?

5 Replies

I have several customers with the same need.  Any plans for the ability to auto-expire news articles on modern sites?  Thanks.

It would also be nice if you can put in a publishing date. So you would be able to postpone a message so it will be shown on a later date / time. So, a publishing date and an expiration date should be fantastic.

I think this one should be on the uservoice as i know more people are looking for this. I found this item on the uservoice so vote for it or comment and vote https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329214-sites-and-collaboration/suggestions/33297256-article-...

for now you would need to customize this in your environment.

If I have one thing on my wish list for next Monday it is a publishing cycle. This would add so much utility to SharePoint News! Hoping we can pin articles too 🤞🏻

I now do see a publishingdate-postponed but even when putting in a later date in, it shows up immediately. Did several tests even not publishing it but that did not trigger it also. So if anyone knows how it works, I am glad to hear it. :p