SOLVED

Expanding the Name column to see full filename text when a Document library is a web part in a page?

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Minor issue with document library when inserted in a SharePoint page. The "Name" column only displays approximately the first 30 char. Followed by ...

Dragging the width of the column larger doesn't change it.

However, opening the document library (so not a web part within the SharePoint page) the expand column function works correctly and presents more of the file name as you increase the column width. I've tried some different JSON code but that didn't work.

Does anyone know of this annoying issue and can suggest a fix?

Much appreciated,

(though it seems this issue only annoys me for the moment)

1 Reply
best response confirmed by scubabag (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@scubabag I just tried this on our SharePoint site and expanding column width works for me.

Before

ganeshsanap_0-1677672829391.pngAfter

ganeshsanap_1-1677672914074.pngAll users are facing this issue or only you? If only you, try clearing browser cache and cookies (for all time) and check again.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by scubabag (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@scubabag I just tried this on our SharePoint site and expanding column width works for me.

Before

ganeshsanap_0-1677672829391.pngAfter

ganeshsanap_1-1677672914074.pngAll users are facing this issue or only you? If only you, try clearing browser cache and cookies (for all time) and check again.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

View solution in original post