SOLVED

Events not displaying in Highlighted Content Web Part

Copper Contributor

I have an Events List in an SPO site named fittingly, "Events".  It is the only Events List in the site.

When I added a HCWP and chose Source = This site and Type = Events, nothing displays in the web part.

Is there something else that I should be doing?  Shouldn't the events display or am I reading too much into them displaying like that.

Thanks,

Steve

5 Replies

@Steve_Hanzelman I just tried this on my SharePoint site with same settings as you mentioned and it is working for me: 

ganeshsanap_0-1666798069165.png

1. Are you using SharePoint default "Events" list?
  2. If not and using custom list, make sure you are using "Event" content type in list
  3. Make sure there are no additional filters applied in HCWP
  4. Make sure there are events in the respective list
  5. How much time spent after you created events in list?

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap thanks for your response!

I am using the default Events list.  There are no filters in the HCWP and the list is populated.

You can see in the snap here that there are events (the two items showing in the top) and then my empty HCWP in the bottom.

Steve_Hanzelman_0-1666798914103.png

best response confirmed by Steve_Hanzelman (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Steve_Hanzelman If events in the list are created recently, try using the same web part configurations after some time.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever figure out what was causing the events to not populate?

I am also experiencing this. Any solutions coming? I am trying to highlight both News and Event items, but only News pages are showing even with both content types added.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Steve_Hanzelman (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Steve_Hanzelman If events in the list are created recently, try using the same web part configurations after some time.

View solution in original post