SOLVED

Error with calculated date using DATE function

Copper Contributor

Hi community

I'm using the DATE formula below as per this page to add 4 years to my Due date column, but it's returning an error (see further down). I've also removed the '+4' so it should just return the same date but that also throws an error. I've also included the Due date properties at the bottom.

I am able to enter the formula '=[Due date]+10' to add 10 days, so it's not totally broken :smile:

Any suggestions? Perhaps @RobElliott?

tlangford_0-1661598425702.png

tlangford_1-1661598719901.png

tlangford_2-1661599272066.png

2 Replies
best response confirmed by tlangford (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@tlangford 

Could you please try to use semi colon instead of colon in your formula because based on your region of the site comma is not correct option

=DATE(YEAR([Due date])+4;MONTH([Due date]);DAY([Due date]))

See below from  official documentation 

Important

All example formulas in this topic use commas "," as the parameter delimiter character. In some countries, the comma is reserved for use as the decimal mark. In such countries, users creating a calculated field must use semi-colons ";" as the delimiter character. Regardless of which character is used when the field is created, the formula works on lists in SharePoint websites anywhere in the world. SharePoint automatically changes the delimiter character to the one that is appropriate for the language/culture of the current page. For example, suppose the following formula is created on a website whose culture setting is fr-fr (France): =IF(Number1>Number2;5;10). If the website's culture is then changed to en-us (United States), the formula changes automatically to: =IF(Number1>Number2,5,10).

Hope it will helpful to you and if so then Please mark my response as Best Response & Like to help others in this community

Thanks, that worked!

I'm trying to find out how to mark this as the best response?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by tlangford (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@tlangford 

Could you please try to use semi colon instead of colon in your formula because based on your region of the site comma is not correct option

=DATE(YEAR([Due date])+4;MONTH([Due date]);DAY([Due date]))

See below from  official documentation 

Important

All example formulas in this topic use commas "," as the parameter delimiter character. In some countries, the comma is reserved for use as the decimal mark. In such countries, users creating a calculated field must use semi-colons ";" as the delimiter character. Regardless of which character is used when the field is created, the formula works on lists in SharePoint websites anywhere in the world. SharePoint automatically changes the delimiter character to the one that is appropriate for the language/culture of the current page. For example, suppose the following formula is created on a website whose culture setting is fr-fr (France): =IF(Number1>Number2;5;10). If the website's culture is then changed to en-us (United States), the formula changes automatically to: =IF(Number1>Number2,5,10).

Hope it will helpful to you and if so then Please mark my response as Best Response & Like to help others in this community

View solution in original post