Enable dropdown option based on meeting a condition of another column value

Copper Contributor

In the list, I’ve a column “Review Status” as drop down option having below options.

To be reviewed, WIP, Benefit validation, Finance sign off. 

I’ve another column in the list “Annualized benefit”.

My requirement is: When Annualized benefit field value is >=$50k, then only i want the Finance sign off > $50K drop down option should be enabled for the user to select it.

Is it possible with designer or with validation formula? I dont have infopath.

4 Replies
Since you are talking about SPO, you can only do this in two possible ways:
(1) By customizing your form with programming (sorry, but avoid the use of Designer for this)
(2) By customizing your form with PowerApps
1. Is the feature not available in designer and hence you recommend other programming? If yes, what program do you refer here?
2. Power apps - is it a licensed one? Can you also tell What steps to be performed once installed it?
Ey Karthik, glad to help:
(1) SharePoint Framework (SPFx) is what you have to look at and SPFx extensions
(2) PowerApps are available by default in Office 365. An example of what I mean: http://www.itidea.nl/index.php/how-to-create-cascading-drop-downs-using-powerapps/
My requirement is slightly different from dependent data validation. The field [annual benefit] is a user entry field and if the value entered is = or > 50000, then only I want the drop down option "finance signoff" in [review status] to be enabled or available for the user to select.
Looked at the power apps example, I haven't seen it in my windows 10 system!!! Where should I spot?