SOLVED

employee directory

Copper Contributor

Hi,

on our intranet (modern sharepoint site) we'd like to have an employee directory.

i showed delve to my management but they don't like the fact that there are all files and other infos showing up as well.

is there a way to have a simple "who's who" ? i checked and found ways to create it with custom pages but not on modern pages...

any advise ? :)

38 Replies

Hi@Norman Young 

I tried this one. It works well.

I want to add an option like 'People' web part. When we point the user card, it can appear in her/his detail. I attached the image file also.

(We have 1000 of the employee directory. People's web part doesn't have a pagination option. )

Any idea of creating a large number of employee directory ?!

Hope your kind attention.

Thanks & Regards

Shrinika

I want to know how to do this pop-up dialog box.I want to know how to do this pop-up dialog box.

If that is a custom SPFx WebPart, you can ask a developer to extend it

@matthieu2906 

i don't know if you already have worked things out. I was looking for a solution too, i found this on the internet, it uses the sharepoint user profile to show the information, which synchronizes with A/D. it has even a feature to pop-up the info when you click on an accountname. if you are interested, let know. Credit goes to @APRIL DUNNAM. she created the Display templates.  

screenshot.png

@matthieu2906 we use this Employee Directory: https://vitextra.com/en/products/employee-directory

it supports Azure AD (via Microsoft Graph) and User Profiles (via SharePoint Search) as a data source.

I like two things there: user picture and presence status

employee-directory-002

@Chris WebbChris, the link for your template no longer appears to work. Do you have it posted elsewhere, or could you re-post it? :)

Thank you!

Ryan 

Hey @Chris Webb 

Any chance you can provide an updated link to the template? :)

Am currently building an employee directory and would like to build off the template you're made.

Regards,

Jordan

Odd sorry all. The link never moved so not sure why it quit. Here is new link. I’ll also update original. 

https://webbtech365-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/chriswebb_webbtech_org/EedKP_Yo0eROkpyocplkH8oB...

*Updated 10-28-21 again..... 

@Chris Webb I am getting in and playing with this and I don't want to futz around with things too much only to find there is a reason you did things the way you did. 

Do you foresee there being any issue with my replacing the text input with a people picker that autofills?

Also, thank you so much!

Na not really. You’ll just have to replace the items property on the gallery referencing that textbox and replace it with the people picker .email or you could have onselect for the picker just go straight to the details page and for that pass the people picker selection.

@matthieu2906 

I don't think there is anything out of the box for this.

We use 3rd party plugins like Panorama for such, which is very fluent and looks up to date.

@Chris Webb The link looks like it has expired again.  Are you able to repost?

I migrated my OneDrive a bit ago, forgot about this being shared. I updated to new link. Thanks.

@Chris Webb Thank you for this. I got it on my power apps but can't find where to add data connector? Also how did you filter to have only current employees showing? We have a lot of disabled and tech accounts which I would rather not display in the directory.

@Michal_Karasinski 

It uses old powerapps build so not sure if loading it in updates studio version or not. Anyway, under View > Data Source, then on that window Add data source, you pick Office365Users. 

As for active people, it uses the Company attribute from AD. So you need to just make sure your active accounts have this set, and disabled / system accounts don't use the Company field, or at least the same one. 

Hi there,

I downloaded the msapp file but I was not able to upload to my SharePoint online. I wonder if you could give me a hand with this? I really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Hello @Chris Webb 

Thanks for sharing your app, I'm trying to upload it to my PowerApps but I get the error that something was wrong and try again later.

Any ideas?

Maybe a security issue?

Thanks again,

Saketa Modern Intranet provides a complementary Employee Directory App that serves the exact purpose.
You can check out <a href="https://saketa.com/intranet/modern-intranet-software/" rel="dofollow">Modern Intranet Software</a> or <a href="https://saketa.com/sharepoint-employee-directory/" rel="dofollow">Employee Directory</a>

@matthieu2906 Saketa Modern Intranet provides a complementary Employee Directory App that serves the exact purpose.
You can check out Modern Intranet Software   or Employee Directory  

@matthieu2906 You are not :) 

I could see, this might help, I see HR365 SharePoint Employee Directory, which is on SPFX platform, you can use free if users are upto 50, it is available as MS Teams app too. Here is a link for your reference SharePoint Employee Directory, Best SPFX & Teams Apps HR365