SOLVED

Embedding a Microsoft Video into a Sharepoint Online Site

Brass Contributor

Hello

Could someone explain if it is possible to embed this video from Microsoft into a Sharepoint online site?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/videoplayer/embed/RWeolz?pid=ocpVideo0-innerdiv-oneplayer&postJsllMs...

I tried clicking add links, or embedding it and pasting the link but it does not work.

Otherwise is there a way to download this video and then insert it to the sharepoint site? 

I see a download button on the Microsoft video at the bottom but it does nothing

Thank you

8 Replies

I think this is the link you're looking for. You can download from that source.

Regards

How are you adding the video to the page? I assume you are using the Embed WebPart so you can add it using an iFrame HTML tag

@Deleted Thanks! How did you get that link or find it?

I dont really know much about embedding. Is there a code you can give me that will add the video in the link I wanted. 

Is it possible to embed the video/website on the link I sent? Or what would be the best way to embed a downloaded video/or the link I sent to an online sharepoint site so its like a Youtube video that embeds straight away?

Id assume its just clicking Add embed code in the sharepoint? Or since I now have the video downloaded, upload that...

Thank you

@testio2, you're welcome. If you hit F12 on Chrome and go to the Network tab, you can see where the requests are coming from. From there you don't need to dig a lot to find the source. Now you can upload it to Sharepoint and add it to your page, use a tool like Stream or anything!

Hi @Deleted 

What do I search for in the Network tab to find the source? 

https://www.hanselman.com/blog/HowToDownloadEmbeddedVideosWithF12ToolsInYourBrowser.aspx

I went to network then content but saw a whole bunch of links/mp4s :\

best response confirmed by testio2 (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hey @testio2. Looking now, I don't remember exaclty the steps I took to find your link. But there are many ways you can find it. I tried to find it again, for example, and all I had to do was open the Developer Tools, go to the elements tab and search for "mp4". That would highlight a pretty long and minified script tag. If you paste that tag into an editor like NotePad++ and search for mp4, you can see the link of the video. Indeed looking through the Network Tab will only give youfragments of the video. I guess I used that only to make sure I was hitting the correct address.
Did you solve your embed problem btw?

Regars

@testio2 I just did this online with help from the comments below. You will need to use Iframe and include the height and width parameters, as example here: 

<iframe src="demo_iframe.htm" height="100%" width="100%"></iframe>

Best regards...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by testio2 (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hey @testio2. Looking now, I don't remember exaclty the steps I took to find your link. But there are many ways you can find it. I tried to find it again, for example, and all I had to do was open the Developer Tools, go to the elements tab and search for "mp4". That would highlight a pretty long and minified script tag. If you paste that tag into an editor like NotePad++ and search for mp4, you can see the link of the video. Indeed looking through the Network Tab will only give youfragments of the video. I guess I used that only to make sure I was hitting the correct address.
Did you solve your embed problem btw?

Regars

View solution in original post