Email to SharePoint O365

Copper Contributor

Hi,

First post here, I'm responsible in my team for standardising the way we distribute internal comms/updates/fixes etc

In my old role we used to have a process (that I wasn't involved the design of) where a team member would email the team, copying in a shared mailbox that would send the mail item (including attachment) to SharePoint library.

I've have been searching for a solution but not having much luck, would someone be able to advise

Many thanks

Chris

4 Replies

Hello @baynesey,

Welcome to the community!

My initial impression is to use Teams for internal comms with a Planner board to manage updates/fixes etc.

You could create something with a List that uses Flow for automation and a Document Library for storage but the Teams approach is out of the box with no development required.

I hope this helps.

Norm

@Norman Young 

Thanks for your response, however Teams is not part of our Road Map.

Kind regards

Chris

@baynesey 

I understand. If Planner is still an option it is worth considering. The associated O365 Group can handle communications.

Norm

@baynesey 

Teams is the answer here. I've set up Teams where the "report an issue" link is actually an email to a Teams channel. From there, the team can discuss the issue or even respond to the email. Attachments are automatically saved to the Files tab. This is the perfect use case for Teams.

Without Teams, I would go with a shared OneNote to log all the changes and then email new pages to an old fashioned email distribution list and all the problems that comes with. Not glamorous, but it would work and OneNote is super searchable and easier to get around for something like that than a library where everything is an individual document. We did this for our SharePoint group and it worked well.