Email Notification option missing in Advanced Settings of Issue Tracker

Copper Contributor

I created two lists several months apart. Both were created using the issue tracker template. My problem is that the options in the Advanced Settings are not the same. In my earlier list, there is an option to send an email when ownership is assigned: 

CarlaHobson_0-1607100619394.png

In the new list, that option is no longer there:

CarlaHobson_1-1607100671337.png

What happened? Is this a change that happened with the new Microsoft Lists rollout? I need that option back.

6 Replies

@CarlaHobson did you find a resolution to this issue by chance?  I am having the same issue this morning.

@CarlaHobson i'm also having the same issue any resolution yet to this or has Microsoft messed something up?

Bringing this UP.
Does anyone know the solution?
It looks like items level permission was not available in the Issue tracker list template.
In this case, i would suggest to create a custom list and just enable "issue" contents type in the list settings.

Hope this helps.

-Hunk

@greenrabbit 

You can enable/disable this in the ribbon by clicking on "Automate" --> "Rules" --> "Manage rules"

MelanieM365_0-1670420797624.png

MelanieM365_1-1670420809516.png

I'm having this same issue - being able to toggle on/off Notifying the Assignee was very useful and creating my own rule doesn't work.  At times, I would turn it off email notifications to Assignees to update columns in mass others didn't update but I needed for metrics/tracking.  Is this functionality gone for good??? These posts are several years old & I've created new Issue lists (4Q23) that had the email notification option in settings, now 1Q24, a that configuration setting is gone.  Any help appreciated!