Effects of SharePoint Online Secondary Admin removal

Brass Contributor

Hi All,

My organization has been advised to remove secondary admin from SharePoint Online completely. We are analyzing it's impact and alternatives to deal with it's post effects. For example , OneDrive sites deletion where notification is being sent to secondary admin as we can't rely on Manager property as it keeps on changing at a fast pace for us . 

Can you guys suggest such scenarios where there is a dependency of secondary admin, effects of removing it and possible alternatives to deal with post issues ?

5 Replies
Who gave you that advice and what the basis? What problem was it supposed to solve? I would expect this to cause more problems that it eliminates.

@Vimmi Rawat Secondary Admin is technically optional. Though, I'm not sure why you would want to remove them.... it's nice to have the safety of a back up administrator.

@Vimmi Rawat 

It depends on company size, but think about the Admin leaving the company, you should change all site admins, or not checking the emails, then nobody else can figure out the issue about the site. 

I think instead of doing this just train other admins and trust them.

This came from Microsoft Support as they suspect our secondary admin causing some search related issues and hence asked us to remove it to confirm if that fixes the problem . But , we are first trying to identify it's repercussions and any alternatives if we actually need to remove it as suggested.
This came from Microsoft Support as they suspect our secondary admin causing some search related issues and hence asked us to remove it to confirm if that fixes the issue . But , we are first trying to identify it's repercussions and any alternatives if we actually need to remove it as asked.