SOLVED

Edit button on an entry not working

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

I have a sharepoint list which users in my business are using and when they search a network number in the search bar and click edit and then save it works on the first time of clicking 'edit' but then on the second time of selecting 'edit' it will not work.

Any suggestions on how to fix this please?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Ben Skipper

5 Replies

@BenSkipper I am unable to reproduce this issue. I can updated the list item multiple times from search results page. I just tried and I was able to edit list item 3 times: 

ganeshsanap_0-1663762769964.png

Are you facing the issue on same search results page or something else? If you can add screenshots and explain the issue, it will be helpful to understand it easily and answer your question more precisely.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thank you for your response. @ganeshsanap

Yes the same issue on the same search results page. I tried to add a screenshot in initially but it wouldn't allow me and still wont? 

It is the exact same page as on your screenshot and when selecting edit a second time after saving a different or same row it does not allow to select edit again. 

Kind regards,

Ben Skipper

@BenSkipper I can edit same item as well as different items multiple times (even multiple items at a time - bulk edit).

Try cleating browser cache/cookies once and see if it resolves your problem. If not, raise a support ticket with Microsoft. Follow Microsoft official documentation for same: Get support for M365 - online support  

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap this is very helpful. 

Thank you very much. 

Kind regards,

Ben Skipper

best response confirmed by BenSkipper (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@BenSkipper You're welcome, glad it helped you!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by BenSkipper (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@BenSkipper You're welcome, glad it helped you!

View solution in original post