Edge and IE browsers - can't access page banner editing tools, can't see link icon on heading styles

Iron Contributor
Hi everyone
Update 31 August 2020- The issue has now been fixed in Edge
______
Just reaching out to the community prior to raising a support request.
When using either Edge or IE browsers to edit our SharePoint Online intranet pages, my users can no longer access the page banner editing tools (to change layout, picture etc), tools that add sections to page, and also the link icon that shows up against heading styles in text also missing when in Read mode.
This problem started about mid-last week, so I'm not sure if its related to an update that's come through to the tenant or something else.  E.G. if my organisation has made some kind of security setting change to our browsers that is blocking the tools from displaying.
Fortunately the Chrome browser is not affected (at this stage) so my users can keep working.

I wanted to see if others are also experiencing same issue or if it's just my tenant.  If others are not having same problem I will check with the team that manages our browsers to see if they've changed any settings that might be blocking the tools.
2 Replies

@Jenny Bruce 

I was giving demo's on editing pages and thought I was going a bit crazy as it would not work a lot of the time. So you are not the only one. 

I haven't tried to replicate it since the demo so cannot say whether it is still an issue. This was last Monday and the Friday before.

Hi @Andrew Hodges 

This fits with the timing on when the problem was noticed in my tenant.  

I just checked in edge and discovered that the page banner edit tools are there but they don't display but if you focus on the right part of the banner the tool tips show up and you can select the Edit banner tools. It's a bit like one of those kids games from way back where you have to find the right place to click to make something happen!

I think I will see if I can raise a support request about the issue.

Thanks for responding!

Cheers

Jenny