SOLVED

Dynamic Dropdown in SharePoint Document Library

Copper Contributor

Hi Everybody,

how can i create dynamic dropdowns in a O365 SharePoint document library?

Do to tenant and licence issues, it is only possible to solve the problem within SharePoint.

We want to tag Documents to different groups, depending on the first dropdown (e.g. 1st Dropdown = Country --> 2nd Dropdown = Germany, Austria, ...) to get rid of the current folder-system.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Felix

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Steve Pucelik (Microsoft)
Solution

@FelixDiehlmann I think the best way to do this is to use a canvas PowerApps form using your document library as the data source. That way you can then have cascading dropdowns. With a default SharePoint form you can't. Come back to me if you need a step-by-step or screenshots.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Microsoft Flow Community Super User

@RobElliott Thanks for your Help!

Within one Tenant, your solution would be perfect.

Sadly, we currently use two tenants and are not able to use PowerApps in the specific tenant.

Is there a possibility to only use Java Script to create the dynamic dropdown?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Felix

Hi Rob,
Would you have any detail on the aoove in powerapps?
I have implemented in powerapps but when i add in the form, the values dont show on the grid view. Would you know how to achieve that?

Thanks for your time
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Steve Pucelik (Microsoft)
Solution

@FelixDiehlmann I think the best way to do this is to use a canvas PowerApps form using your document library as the data source. That way you can then have cascading dropdowns. With a default SharePoint form you can't. Come back to me if you need a step-by-step or screenshots.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Microsoft Flow Community Super User

View solution in original post