SOLVED

Don't allow guests see each other

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I need to create site on SharePoint Online to publish information for partner organizations (read only access), but I don't want them to see each other, especially not email address and other personal information. I have a Communication site with sharing enabled for new and existing guests. My issue is that when I share the site, any of the external guests can click the share button and see list of people the site is shared with and there is even option to email everyone, which lets me see all emails. 

I tried to manage it using AD security group, which would be reader of the site and the share button would show only name of that group, which is fine. As a group owner I can add new members to the group in AD, but it will not let me add guests (while SP sharing does). I can't give any admin permissions to this account to allow guests creation in AD  (it will be managed by department, so SC admin / owner is maximum permission I can give them).

Is there any workaround how to manage extranet with just SharePoint site collection admin / site owner and don't allow guests to see and email each other?

Thanks in advance for any tips

Best regards

Jan

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Beau Cameron (MVP)
Solution
Unfortunately, that's not a feature provided Today sorry
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Beau Cameron (MVP)
Solution
Unfortunately, that's not a feature provided Today sorry

View solution in original post