SOLVED

Does anyone know how to hide this toolbar?

Copper Contributor

I created a new security group just for editing and viewing a list but this bar on the homepage is still showing up.

I want my users to edit a list but not be able to edit a page especially the homepage or even able to click the "New" button. I already set the site pages to have a unique permissions just for admin but this bar is still showing.

nav.jpg

5 Replies

@normberky you see the Edit link because you are an owner of the site (or have edit permissions). Your users won't see that and can't edit the page because they only have Read permissions.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

They belong to "Contribute" security group
best response confirmed by normberky (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@normberky the Contribute group allows them to add to and edit list items. It doesn't let them edit pages or even see the edit link on a page. For that they need the Edit permission which is different.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott 

They can still see the bar and can edit the homepage even if they fall under "Contribute" permission. level.

@normberky 

Found it. Had to manage access to the home.aspx and changed "everyone except external users" from "can edit" to "can view" only.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by normberky (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@normberky the Contribute group allows them to add to and edit list items. It doesn't let them edit pages or even see the edit link on a page. For that they need the Edit permission which is different.

Rob
Los Gallardos

View solution in original post