Documents Stuck in Drop Off Library

Iron Contributor

We are experiencing issues with documents sitting in the drop off library for over a week.  It previously had been working fine.  If we manually re-submit the items, these documents will then get routed immediately.  It is suspected that there are some issues with the content organizer timer job.  Since we have quite a few documents sitting in the drop off library, is there anything that could be done to resolve this other than manually going through and re-submit each documents?  The other option would be to open a ticket with Microsoft since this might be more of an issue on the back end.

Any guidance would greatly be appreciated.

5 Replies

Hi @Chris Ficek,

Any chance there is missing meta-data that is expected in the Drop-off Library?

I hope this helps.

Norm

@Norman YoungThe required metadata has been entered but for some reasons the rules are not firing automatically.  If manually resubmitted, without any changes, it will get routed.

Hi @Chris Ficek,

That's odd. Missing metadata is the only experience I've had with that type of behavior. Did anything change in the document library (approvals)?

I hope this helps.

Norm

@Norman Young Nope, it appears that something was changed on the Microsoft's side as things started working again over the weekend.

Good to know @Chris Ficek. Thanks for sharing back.

Norm