Document Set - Properties missing? (SharePoint Online)

Brass Contributor

Suddenly, I've noticed that when I click on  'View all Properties' (of Edit Properties) from a document set page (docsethomepage.aspx), the properties do not appear.

I see a page, with navigational elements and the expected Save and Cancel buttons; along with the title of the Document Set. But the body of the page is blank!

If I switch to 'Classic SharePoint', everything works as normal.

Has anyone else seen this behavior appear over the last few days?

12 Replies

Tony have you solved this? I have same issue, suddenly I can not View or Edit all properties from a document set page.

Works perfecly in classic mode.

Having same problem.

Using Document Set content type in a Library. For a given Document Set, cannot "View All Properties" or "Edit Properties" in New Experience. When click either option, the next page is blank.

If we click "View All Properties" an Edit option appears up in the ribbon bar area but clicking it also takes you to an edit page that has no content on it. 

Have to force users to use Classic Experience in order to view/edit properties at the individual Document Set level. 

I am facing the same issue.

Even on new created Document Set.

Any ideas how to solve it?

I am also facing this issue with the library having document sets. View all properties page is empty with modern experience, but it works fine with classic experience. If I can remember correctly, this is was not an issue in last November'18. This issue has been introduced recently in SPO.

A quick trick, switch to classic experience and then add content editor webpart to viewform and editform page. Then these two form will stick to classic look and contents will be displayed even if the list views are on modern experience 

For me, I had to keep the users to use modern experience only because there are couple of column formatting. List views are in modern view but the forms are still in classic views as usual for document set.

Thanks @tapansam,

your quick trick works well.

You will not believe me, but after deleting cookies in browser (Chrome) those pages start to work and all properties are shown or/editable.

I still do not understand this. SharePoint is mysterious...

Deleting cookies in browser did not work for me. Using Chrome. New Experience. Still no Edit/View Properties for Doc Sets

then try the workaround described above:

Switch to classic experience and then add content editor webpart to viewform and editform page. Then these two form will stick to classic look and contents will be displayed even if the list views are on modern experience.

Microsoft support says this issue is being addressed in roadmap Sharepoint Online update that is going to be released Q2 2019. They are aware that there is currently no Modern Experience for Document Set Items/Lists. 

Best course of action right now appears to be to go to the Library Settings in the respective document set library and set that particular library (with the document set content type in it) to force classic experience. 

Library Settings > Advanced Settings > List experience - select "Classic Experience"

This seems to be fixed now. Is it working for everyone else?

@Tony Hignett 

I am still having the problem - Last week I created some lovely new sharepoint pages with the modern experience & have a document library on one of the pages. The document properties are not there unless you open the document library completely (click "see all" at the top of the document library)