Document Set issue: Shared Columns does not update when moving files into Document set

Steel Contributor

Hi, does anyone having this issue:

I have document sets in my library where I configured a shared column to push data to documents into the document set.

1) When I add a document directly into the document set, it works.

2) If the document is already existing at the library root level and move it to a document set, the shared column data will not be pushed to the document.

3) If the document is moved from one Document set to another, the shared column data will not be updated.

Thanks.

3 Replies

Hi, I have also encountered a similar issue.

When I change the content of shared column in document set then the column values of files and folders inside this set won't update. 

To me this is clearly a bug since the description says "column values that should be automatically synchronized to all documents contained in the set"

@dfx413 ,

On my side, if I update a shared column in the document set, it will propagate to documents.

However, shared columns do not propagate in folders inside a document set. I think this is by design but I would also need to get the propagation to folders.

Note: I did other tests and found out that if you copy/move files between document sets in the same library, shared columns propagation will not work. However, if you do it between different libraries, it will work. So there is clearly a bug when working in the same library.

Yeah, looks like it propagates only to files, not folders. so "it's nota bug, it's a feature" but it's quite confusing to say the least.