Document Library usage Stats

Copper Contributor

I have a requirement in SharePoint Online, similar to the canned site usage report for top 10 documents  on a site but the user wants to see view numbers for everything either site wide or on specific Document Libraries and potentially other actions like edits/downloads.

Obviously I've looked at enabling the SharePoint Viewers feature and showed them the canned reports as well as the M365 audit logs, but it's not what they're looking for exactly. Therefore I was wondering if anybody has done this before or used any scripts/3rd party add ins/products which can do it. 

1 Reply

@Robin Thakur Not a complete solution to your need but in any case better than just the last 10 documents you mention is to go to Site Contents and the Site Usage Report located there.

SiteUsage.png

Not a complete solution to your need but in any case better than just the last 10 documents you mention is to go to Site Contents and the Site Report located there.

Another variant is that you use "Microsoft 365 usage analytics" located in the M365 Admin Center, and possibly customize a report in Power BI.